Thursday, November 10, 2011

Junior League of Raleigh, A Shopping Spree...painting SOLD!

Very exciting news! A few weeks ago, I completed a painting to submit to the Junior League of Raleigh's Shopping Spree exhibit that had a theme of "Southern Menagerie." A couple weeks later, I discovered that my painting was selected and would be displayed and viewed by thousands of people at the Raleigh Convention Center! WOW!!!

And then, I discovered that someone purchased my painting! So that's awesome...someone in this world has a painting of a puppy plot hound sitting in the back of an old Ford pick up truck with three little pigs sitting next to him. I am so glad I had this opportunity to gain exposure for my work and my name. In fact, I am meeting someone who saw my painting at the show to discuss a custom portrait, just like the Southern Menagerie one, but I'll be using her own pup! Cool beans!

No comments: