Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Tribute to MYA

Am a little late on sharing this on my blog, but I'd like to share my tribute to Mya from my website

Tribute to Mya 

Words cannot express the amount of heaviness one may have in their heart when it comes to letting go of their animal friends. I let go of my dear, sweet girl, Mya on May 31st, 2019. It was a blend of bittersweet, joy, deep sadness, surreal, heavenly warmth- all in one emotion.​Mya was 12 years old when she passed, after struggling for some years with heart disease. 

 She came to this earth to help me grow as a person, develop my Self, and believe in myself to be a professional artist. Her time on this earth was full of fun, happiness, pure love and joy. She brought so much joy to so many people. 

When I posted about her passing on social media, my heart was so overjoyed to read all the words from her human friends who had the great pleasure of knowing her over the years. She was the sweetest, softest, spunky little cavalier spaniel and chihuahua mix.​ 

She was an amazing inspiration and motivation for my artwork. Below are some of the paintings of her I created over the years. It is wild to see how primitive my style was 10 years ago! My work has come a long way, and I give her appreciation and respect for always being by my side, with every painting I ever did, under my feet, always there. It will be different to paint without her physically there, but I know she will be with me still, right with me, always, with every painting I ever create for the world.​

Thank you, Mya, my sweetheart, for everything and all of your encouragement for my artwork. 

 I love you.






No comments: